Bunmi and I have been very good friends since our primary school days and even thought that we would be admitted into the same university. She was given admission to study Philosophy at the premier university, University of Ibadan.
After she freshened up, I took her to the SUG restaurant where she ordered for fried rice and chicken while I went for jollof rice with beef.
While we were busy eating, we started a gist about guys' stuff. She told me she just met this guy in her school who she was interested in. Imagine Jambites thinking of guys…lol. Well, will you blame us? Is it when we graduate that we will start to think of guys? Hehehehe.
Bunmi said that he was the go-getter kind of guy and very humble to the core. She went further to say they met at their faculty party. "It was during the dancing time he asked if I could join him on the dance floor and I obliged. Since then, we have been talking but he has refused to hit the nail on the head by asking me out", said Bunmi. I just advised her to get closer to the guy and get to know him better and she said she would work on it.
She later asked me if I had interest in any guy on my campus. She said, “Deola dear, is there no guy you like on this campus as big as it is? And I responded, “Yeah, there is one actually, just that he doesn’t know I have a crush on him at all”. I told her I was hurting deep inside and would feel cheap if I own up to him that I had always liked him and wanted us to be dating.
Bunmi felt for me too, we couldn’t just fathom why we are going through the same situation, having interest in guys who wouldn’t just reciprocate it. It’s not like we weren’t beautiful to behold, we thought to ourselves.
The following day, Bunmi and I went for shopping and bought lots of stuff before she left for her school and we unanimously decided we would try our possible best to get our men talking, that wouldn’t make us feel cheap.
On the other hand, when Sola came around 6pm one evening and found Temi on her bunk with her clothes wrapped around her, he then asked me, “Babe, what is wrong with Temi?” and I quickly chipped in, “She just has a slight headache, she will be fine”.
Sola fell for the bait and turned to Temi and said, “Please try and get well dear, the Lord is your strength”. He went further to enquire: “Has she started using drugs” and I said, “Yes, she has”. While Temi replied, “Thanks a lot”.
That weekend, Sola dropped by again in my room to greet Temi and me but he was busy engaging me in more conversation than with Temi. He greeted Temi casually when he said, “Temi I hope you are now better?” Without letting Temi respond, he said again, “I trust Deola is doing a good job” and
immediately turned to me. “Babe how are you doing today?” and I said, “I'm good, thanks and you?” And he answered by saying “I’m doing just fine”.
I looked over to where Temi was and I saw she was almost trying to cry and I quickly told Sola that he should be on his way because I would like to sleep just to chase him away and he said, “Alright dear, sleep well”.
As he left, I told Temi to not try and force things to work out that if Sola were hers, he would definitely ask her out. She just said, “Thanks babe and she shed few tears and I hugged her to calm her down”.
We tried several attempts to make Sola like her but to no avail. It didn’t just work at all. I could remember there was a day I pretended receiving a call and stepped out of the room just to let Sola get to start a conversation with Temi alone, undisturbed. It ended in a disaster because Temi said as I left the room, Sola started pressing his phone playing “Zuma game”.
Several weeks passed and then came our first semester exams. I just noticed Akin wasn’t in class and I started wondering why he would be missing classes when we were just few weeks away from writing our first semester exams. Since I had no answers, as I left the class, I called Temi to know if she knew Akin’s whereabouts and she said no and that she was also worried too.
Where on earth could he be? Could he be sick? I just couldn't stop asking rhetorically enough. The next day, I was on the lookout for Akin but still, he didn’t show up in class. I was beginning to get really worried about his absence that I couldn’t even concentrate in class for days.
In the evening, I put a call through to Sola to know if he had heard anything about Akin. I said, “Hi Sola, wassup” and he said, “I'm good and you?” I sighed aloud: “I’m not fine at all’’ and Sola asked, “Why? What’s wrong with you dear?” I just said, “I haven’t heard from Akin for some days now and he hasn’t bothered to reach Temi and me to know why”.
Sola then said, “Awww! Sorry dear just that Akin hasn’t been feeling fine, he has typhoid fever and now receiving treatment at the school clinic.
I enquired to know why Akin could not tell Temi or me that he wasn’t feeling fine and Sola said, “It is because Akin didn’t want to scare the two of you”.
Sola, Temi and I decided to visit Akin in the school clinic that evening. On our way going, I started praying silently to God for Akin to get well real quick. When we got to his bed side in the school’s clinic, you needed to see how my sweetheart was looking so pale.
I almost cried but had to summon up courage so that Temi won’t suspect there was something else on my mind. But Sola caught me red-handed and stylishly said, “calm down, he will be alright in no time, dear”.
Akin was glad we came to check on him. While we were busy engaging in a discussion, the doctor came to examine him. The doctor said, “Mr Akin, I'm glad you are responding to treatment”. After, the doctor told us he would be discharged in two days.
Fortunately, Akin resumed to classes the following Monday. No sooner had the lecturer left the class than Akin and I started talking. I felt a tingling feeling within me that I wished he could just hold me and give me a kiss or something.
The next thing he said was that he was hungry and asked if I wouldn't mind to join him and eat out. You can imagine how happy I was to have dinner with someone that captivates my heart. It was a rare opportunity.
We went to one of the best restaurants on campus. He asked me to place my order first and I went for rice and beans with assorted meats while he ordered porridge with vegetables.
As he was walking me down to my hostel that very night…
Click HERE to read next episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always special.
To Contact Bola Esho For News/Tip Off/Advert:
Facebook - @BolaEshosBlog
Instagram - @_BolaEshosBlog
Disclaimer:- Comments on this blog are NOT posted by the blog owner, Bola Esho. BEB readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on the blog. Thank you.