Breaking News
recent

BEB Series: Episode 5 - Temi's Confession


If you missed the series I just started you can kindly catch up on this link HERE for next Episode.


Episode 5 – Temi’s Confession

Some days later, I noticed Temi just started showing attitude towards Sola whenever he came visiting like she did the first time she saw Sola come to our room and walked out on us. I knew something was just not right about her actions. So, one Saturday evening, when we were chatting, I asked her again about her sudden attitude towards Sola and she said, “Well ermmm! Babe I think I have fallen in love with Sola your friend” and I said, “What?" in disbelief and astonishment.

She said, “Babe, I don’t know too. I just can’t get him off my mind since the day we danced together at Akin’s friend birthday party”.

Temi confessed by saying, “That was why she was always jealous anytime he saw Sola and I together”.

I sensed that Temi had fallen in love with Sola because he was really the go-getter kind of guy, you know every lady would want a jovial and nice guy. Temi then appealed to me, “Babe please help me to connect with Sola”.

She further said, “I know you have never for once been interested in him more than just him being a very good friend”. I then grinned and told her, “Okay Babe! We will work something out, you don’t worry”.

Few weeks later, Akin invited Temi and me to his mum’s 60th birthday party in Lagos. The venue was at their Victoria Garden City residence. It was on a Friday but Akin left school on Thursday afternoon to join his mum and siblings prepare ahead for the party.

On Friday morning, Temi and I boarded a bus to Lagos at around 9am and we got to Lagos for 11am. Our first place of visit after we alighted was Temi’s parents' house at Ikoyi where we were to drop our luggage. I particularly loved their family photo on their sitting room wall where everyone smiled while Temi, probably carried away, frowned…lol

By 5pm, we were set for the party alongside Temi’s parents and younger brother. We got to the party around 6pm because of the little holdup around Lekki axis. When we got to the party, Akin was very happy to see us and we were offered a seat while there was a short service ongoing before the party proper.

The birthday service was rounded off at 7pm and the party commenced proper, shortly after. There was a band stand at one corner of the house giving us melodious songs. The menu-menu was a "buffet".

I can remember I saw one man on the queue that made me laugh. He wanted to pick fishes and meats of all types to go with an already large portion of his pounded yam and vegetable soup…lol. Temi and I went for fried rice and chicken with salad and turkey while her parents and younger brother did same. I loved the food because it was deliciously tasty.

I remember wearing a black dress and silver heels and held a black purse while Temi wore a lilac gown with black heels and held a black purse. At the party, I noticed Akin was looking at me in an admiring way but was probably shy to admit it.

Then came the dancing time, I didn't feel like dancing until Akin came over and said, “Sweetie, will you like to dance?” and I said, “I sure will”. We danced for about 30 minutes and I must confess I had fun all the way. The party was rounded off at 10pm and we headed back to Temi’s parents house to sleep over and left for school the following day.

On Sunday evening, we heard a knock on the door and I opened. Guess who? It was Akin. He said, “Hi dearie” and I said, “Hello darling”. I loved him more because of the pet names he uses in addressing me. I ushered him in and he said, “I have come to thank you and Temi for honouring my invitation to attend my mum’s birthday”. Temi just said, “You deserve it and even much more”. I just responded. “Yes Temi is right. By the way, did she like the perfume you bought for her?” and he replied, “Very much! She appreciated it, and thanks for wearing the perfume that day”. “Common it’s nothing”, I answered.

Do you remember I told you I found something shocking in Akins bag? You won’t believe what was in his bag that day; the daily encounter we shared together was what he has been writing down in that small diary. Here is a part that I remember:

“Today, 16th of November, year 2000, I met a very special someone. I have never seen her type before. She was so warm and gentle the very day I walked up to her and asked for her help in locating where they pasted the admission list. She wore a sleeveless green gown with a flat black sandal and carried a black bag. When they say people fall in love at first sight I never really believed it to be true until I set my eyes on you today. I don’t even know your name but I know we will meet again soon.”

I started shedding tears as I was reading the diary and when I sighted them coming into the class I put the diary back into the bag and sneaked out. This was where I realised something else must have been stopping him from taking the step of asking me out.

When I got to my room that day, I couldn't sleep all night. I thought to myself: "what could be wrong?" I started thinking of what I could do to make him realise I had been waiting for the day he would ask me out. I just hope I will be able to find out soon what was stopping him from asking me out all the while.

On the other hand, Temi and I decided to test Sola to know if he had interest in her as well.

Find out what we did in the next episode of Bola Esho's Blog Series.HERE
Bola Esho

Bola Esho

1 comment:

  1. This is Blogmundo. Anticipating the next episode

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always special.

To Contact Bola Esho For News/Tip Off/Advert:
Facebook - @BolaEshosBlog
Instagram - @_BolaEshosBlog


Disclaimer:- Comments on this blog are NOT posted by the blog owner, Bola Esho. BEB readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on the blog. Thank you.

Powered by Blogger.