Breaking News
recent

BEB Series – Episode 4: The Secret Diary


If you missed the series I just started you can kindly catch up on these links previous episode click HERE and next episode HERE



Episode 4 – The Secret Diary

Later that day after he walked me down to my hostel, I started pondering on what Sola said about Akin. In my mind I was like, could it be possible that Akin was now in love with me but just too shy to say or even show it? I needed an answer quickly because it was beginning to drive me nuts not being able to express my feelings to him all the while.

There was a day I went to the Library to do an assignment Professor Fagbade gave us in class, that assignment took me days upon days and when I got fed of looking for how to solve it I decided to go and see Akin to know if he had done his.

That was the day I stumbled on Akin writing something in a small diary when he was studying in one of our lecture rooms. Immediately he sighted me approaching him, he hid the small diary in his bag. As I approached his side he looked up and said, “Hi Sweetheart wassup?” and I replied, “l'm good and you?” and he replied, “l'm doing just fine”.

But you know ladies instincts can tell a lot, I noticed he was smiling in a suspicious way, like someone happy because he had just hit a jackpot. I was so curious about what he was actually writing that I forgot why I went to see him in the first place till he tapped me.

He just asked, “Have you done Prof Fagbade’s assignment?” and I replied, “No, that have been stucked on it for days”. He responded, “I have been trying to look for how to solve it too”. He then suggested we go to meet one of our senior colleagues to explain the assignment.

Akin put the phone on speaker and called the senior colleague and said, “Bros wassup? This is Akin, how are you doing today?” and our senior colleague replied, “l'm good thanks”. Then Akin said, “Please my colleague and I would like to see you at the faculty basement for something urgent” and he replied, “No problem, I will soon be on my way, give me some minutes please”.

We later met that day at the faculty basement where Akin greeted him warmly, “Bros, how far? How has your final year project been? Are you through now?” and he replied, “l'm doing just fine thanks, as for my final year project, I am almost done just putting some finishing touches”.

Akin explained that, “Professor Fagbade gave us an assignment and we haven’t been able to do it”. Our senior colleague now asked what topic was the assignment he gave us and Akin showed him the topic.

He just said, “Professor Fagbade has given us this assignment on Family Law before and there was a book I used to solve it but I don’t remember the name”. Akin then appealed to him, to please help us with the name of the book and he replied, “I will remember, don’t worry”.

Two days after, Akin and I saw our senior colleague in the department where Akin engaged him in a conversation, “Bros, thanks for the other day, we really appreciate you and he responded, “It is nothing, that he has even been looking for us to give us the name of the book to search for in the Library”. What a great relieve it was for us. We thanked him for his help and after our lectures that day we dashed out to the Library.

As we were going, Akin made an awesome remark about my perfume. “Deola, you smell really good today, what perfume are you wearing?” and I told him, “Elizabeth Ardens”. He was like oh really! “You know I wouldn't mind buying one for my mum’s forthcoming 60th birthday”. I responded, “Hmm! That would be a perfect birthday present to give to her.

We got to the library at around 5pm and guess what happened? After we finally found the book, Akin suggested we prayed first before starting the assignment and I led the prayer which lasted for about a minute. I asked him why we had to pray first before doing the assignment. He said, “It’s good to put everything in God’s hands”. Deep down my heart I said to myself, “Awww! This is amazing honey, keep it up”.

When we finished the assignment in about 2 hours, I was very happy and relieved. Everyone in my faculty knew Professor Fagbade to be a sadist that fails students and doesn't care if you were even given an extra semester just because of his only course.

We left the Library together and he saw me off to my hostel where he gave me a warm hug before saying, “Take care darling”. Gosh! I wish I could rewind that hug a million times, I loved it all the way and I had butterflies in my stomach again.

Why does love hurt so badly? I really wished I could let him know I had been in love with him since the day we met but this African mentality of the men asking a lady out first didn't make sense to me at the time.

Our fellow white women ask their men out and don’t keep silent and brood inside. What if I lose him to somebody else in the name of following a tradition that should have gone into extinction since? I pondered.

On the other hand, I needed to find out why Temi walked out on Sola and I the day he came to our room. So I confronted her about it, “Temi why did you walk out on Sola and I the day he came to our room?” and she said, “Don’t mind me babe, I wasn't in a good mood that day sorry I acted that way, it wasn't intended really trust me”. In my mind, I knew she wasn't telling me the truth and so I thought of what to do to get her to tell the truth.

She had never lied to me before so why would she start now I thought to myself. Temi was the kind of lady that hardly kept anything to herself for long without letting the cat out of the bag with someone she trusts. I just felt with time she would open up to me.

My love for Akin was beginning to affect how I related with other guys on campus. If any guy tried getting close to me, I ignore them out rightly without blinking twice. No one else mattered to me but Akin. I was willing to wait even though a part of me was saying I should give Sola or any other guy a chance as a backup plan if at the end Akin doesn't end up with me.

Sometimes, I wished I were a guy so that I can easily express how I feel with any lady and not just be brooding inside waiting for a miracle to happen. I remember one incident on campus, I was coming from class when one guy from nowhere suddenly walked up to me and said, “Babe, how are you doing? I have been watching you closely on this campus and will like to date you if you don’t mind”. All I remember saying was, “Sorry bro l'm not interested, thanks and smiled away”.

I was really pissed, when I got to the room and told Temi about it she just started laughing at me. I was really furious that day because I was expecting she would feel for me that one nuisance wanted to date me but did otherwise.

On the other hand, I wanted to find out exactly what my darling Akin was hiding in that small diary at all cost. I kept wondering what he could have been hiding inside the small diary and doesn't want anyone to see. 

So I thought of a plan to get it, when I saw Akin and Temi chatting in the lobby, I sneaked to where his seat was and I checked the bag and found something shocking.

Watch out for the next episode. Please kindly drop your comments. Thanks.
Bola Esho

Bola Esho

3 comments:

  1. Bola's blog Telemundo All eyes on the next episode. Keep it up gal .kenzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the next episode..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always special.

To Contact Bola Esho For News/Tip Off/Advert:
Facebook - @BolaEshosBlog
Instagram - @_BolaEshosBlog


Disclaimer:- Comments on this blog are NOT posted by the blog owner, Bola Esho. BEB readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on the blog. Thank you.

Powered by Blogger.