Breaking News
recent

BEB Series - Episode 3:The Dinner Date



If you missed the series I just started you can kindly catch up on these links previous episode click HERE and next episode click HERE



Episode 3 - The Dinner Date

Akin came over to where Temi, Sola and I were seated and he said, “Hi” and we replied with, “Hello” and then later sat beside me. Sola engaged Akin in a conversation, “How far? I didn't know you would be able to make it to this birthday party?” and Akin replied, “Yeah, don't mind me”.

After they were done talking, Akin faced Temi and I and asked us who invited us to the birthday party and we chorused “Solaaaa”.

That was how I got to know that Sola knew Akin through his roommate. There and then, I was like why would Sola be a friend of Akin. I didn't really like the idea.

The party rounded off at around 9:30pm so we left for my our room alongside Temi joined by Sola who walked us down to our gate hostel with Akin.

When they were about saying their goodbyes, Sola called me aside and asked, “If I could give him my mobile number” and I typed it on his phone. I wanted to make Akin jealous but wasn’t quite sure he was though.

Later that night, Sola called to find out if I was sleeping or awake? I told him “Yes, I was awake” and he asked, “Why?” and I said, “I was reading a novel” which kept me awake.

As he was about ending the call he said to me, “Deola” and I said, “Yes” and he said, “Can I take you out to dinner tomorrow?” and I responded with, “Okay”. Since I wasn't feeling sleepy yet I continued with my novel till I slept off.

The following day, I woke up to pray when I saw a message from Sola reminding me of our dinner in the evening. The message reads; “Hi dearie, how was your night? Did you dream of me? Just to remind you about our dinner tonight I would be there at 6pm have a great day”.

The only class I had for that day was Professor Fagbade’s course, so I dressed and headed for my faculty. The class was supposed to start at 1pm but at around 1:30pm, our class representative came to inform us that, Professor Fagbade won’t be able to make it to the class because he was in a meeting with the HoD (Head of Department).

The whole class just started murmuring why would he waste our time when he would have known he wouldn't be able to make it. I left the class in anger and went straight to my room to prepare for my dinner date with Sola.

Sola called me at around 6pm to know if I was going to come or not? I told him, “I was on my way and would be with him soon”. I got to the restaurant at around 6:20pm and he passed a comment on my dress, “Nice outfit” and I replied, “Thanks”.

We placed our orders and I went for porridge and vegetables with beef while he ordered for chips and fish. We got talking about some courses we loved and the lecturers taking them. He asked why I was studying Law and I made him realize that it had always been my childhood dream to study Law and make my family proud.

There and then, Sola saw how passionate I was about my course of study. I had fun chatting with him and he wanted to know if we could hang out some other time and I replied, “I would be thinking about it”.

Some days later, I wasn't feeling fine so I had to stay in my room to rest. When I was about going to the bathroom, my phone started ringing, checked who it was and I saw Akin’s number. I was so happy and picked it up without hesitation. I said, “Hello” and he replied with “Hi” and went ahead to say, “He just called to check up on me since he didn't see me in class” and I replied, “I wasn't feeling fine” and he replied that, “I should take good care of myself” and ended the conversation.

I was like wow! So he noticed I wasn't in class and decided to beep me. I felt like that was quite thoughtful of him. I later saw missed calls of Sola on my phone and I called him back and he said, “He was just checking up on me” and while I tried responding, he noticed from my tone of voice that something was wrong and asked “What was wrong with my voice?” and I said, “I wasn't feeling fine and was already getting better”. He asked, “If I had gone to the school clinic or not?” and I said, “I was already feeling better and there was no need to go” and he said, “Okay! Get well soon”.

Later that evening, when Temi got back from class, we were gisting when we heard a knock on the door and Temi stood up to open the door and saw that it was Sola. She said, “Wassup?” and Sola replied, “I’m good and you?” Temi now said, “How come you know our room?” and Sola said, “I have been here before” and he entered and greeted me.

He said he had to come and see me and Temi left the room in anger and Sola asked, “If there was something wrong with my roommate” and I said, “No, we were just chatting before he came in”.

We started talking when we heard a knock on the door and I stood up and opened the door only to see Akin. I ushered him into the room and he greeted Sola who was already seated on my bunk. Akin said, “He was just checking up on me and to know if I was already getting better”.

Hmmm! For a minute something told me he wasn't happy meeting Sola in my room but would you blame me? At least Sola got to my room first.

When I fully recuperated, Sola asked if we could hang out together the second time and I obliged him. We met at one of the restaurants on campus. During the course of our conversation, Sola noticed I wasn't flowing in our conversation and enquired on what was bugging my mind?

I told him that, “I had been in love with Akin the very first day we met at the faculty basement but up till that present moment he doesn't have an idea”. He later asked me, “Why I haven’t told Akin about my feelings for him all along and was just brooding inside”. I said, “I would feel cheap making my intentions known to him without him being the one asking me out on his own accord”. Sola now said, “If Akin was really interested in me he would found a way to show me how he felt about me”.

Watch out for the next episode. Please kindly drop your comments. Thanks.
Bola Esho

Bola Esho

5 comments:

  1. Women and intrigues. If u speak your mind, wahala. If u don't, double wahala. Nice piece from you. Following....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies do not necessarily speak their mind or ask a guy out when they are in love with him but they have a way of 'turning on the green light' for the guy to do the needful, that is if the guy is really interested

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Deep sigh * Sola has automatically bn zoned, sorry bruh :( . Thumbs up BEB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good story. Keep it up. BEB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool stuff

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always special.

To Contact Bola Esho For News/Tip Off/Advert:
Facebook - @BolaEshosBlog
Instagram - @_BolaEshosBlog


Disclaimer:- Comments on this blog are NOT posted by the blog owner, Bola Esho. BEB readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on the blog. Thank you.

Powered by Blogger.